Saturday, May 18, 2013

Here We Go ...

In December I found out I'd be traveling to Africa. I thought the six months would inch by, but here I am. I leave today. 

I don't know what to say really, other than I can't believe I'm going, but mostly I couldn't have done it without y'all. 

This experience has taught me more about love than I could have ever imagined. I have been loved by every single one of you through this process whether it was liking my Facebook posts, reading my blog, telling me how excited you are, helping me fundraise, donating, praying for me, listening to me worry, finding me money to buy supplies, letting my borrow your iPod for my entire trip or telling me everything I'd possibly need to know and bring with me. I am more prepared and feeling more loved than ever. Thank you.

This love from all of you prepares me to encounter the most perfect love this summer. I can not wait to grow and experience Jesus more tangibly and intimately. In a way that I may learn to love my new friends and you guys better--from what I know and learn of Him. Thank you for allowing me this experience.

Well, I'm packed ...



And when the long process finished (two and a half months in a suitcase), homesickness hit. I truly miss all of you already. 
I miss my Mom and brother. I miss my friends. I miss my camp family. I miss my sisters.  
I bringing so many pictures to Kenya of all of you, but I know I have all of you behind me, loving on me, praying for me, getting excited for me.
I'm ready.

Unfortunately, I will not be allowed any contact to the outside world for my entire journey ... which means I will not be updating my blog. If you still want to keep up with me while I'm gone, you can at Invest Thoughts

Praying for all of you. Thankful for all of you.

"For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake." 
2 Corinthians 4:5

In Him,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment